Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Reasons I'm An Atheist

First off, I'd like to say that if anyone could give me hard evidence of the existence of
a goD and this evidence could be tested by Scientists and proven to be true then I
would crawl through 100 miles of razor sharp glass just to kiss goDs feet. Simply
put, I am open minded to a certain point. The bIBLE can not be used as hard
evidence because it is a book of stories written 2000+ years ago, by humans that
were very ignorant of the reality around them. Plus, many of the stories were by word
of mouth before being written down. Do you remember the game played in elementary
school? Even today, with our modern technology, the News Story can get messed up.

I've been an Atheist, almost, as far back as I can remember. I never could understand
why goD would create a world like this. A world in which you hope things will get
better as the years go by. But, in reality, things are getting worse at an exponential rate
with a facade of better.

Once in my early 20s, I was able to be in a spot that was isolated (20+ miles to another
person) and I performed an experiment to see if there was a goD. Since I was told by
theists that if I called for goD to appear before me, hE wouldn't because hE doesn't
work that way. Ok...so I'll call someone who is supposedly chomping at the bit to
get souls. I didn't do any rites or rituals, I just spoke normally and did all the necessary
promises and such. But, to my dismay(lol), sataN never showed up. I would think that
an Atheist would be a prime target for sataN. Hmmmm

Conclusion to my experiment.......No sataN - No goD.

I just thought of something that will save me alot of keystrokes.

Almost every Sunday there is a program that streams out of Austin, Texas called "The
Atheist Experience". The host, Matt Dillahunty, is fantastic. To find out all my reasons
for being an Atheist just listen to Matt. When he speaks its like he is using my mind
and his voice. I agree with him 99.9999999999%.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment