Sunday, August 7, 2011

Life after Death - An Atheists New Point of View

I really like to just think. Let your mind go and let the thoughts flow through your mind.
I also do this to help me go to sleep. It's hard to explain what happens, it's like I release
control of my thinking process and my mind starts going "What if this", "What if this",
"What if this", "What if this", "What if this", "What if this", then maybe a good thought
comes through and I say whoa, lets think about that for awhile. This may sound crazy
but its worked for me all these years.

In no way am I supporting any type of religion. I do not support the idea of a mythical
being. I support the "Big Bang" theory and Evolution. I also like the thought of
Abiogenesis.

One night, a few years back, I was watching a favorite movie and thinking. Then "PoP"
a good thought. "Could I Find The Possibility Of Life After Death" using only Scientific
Laws, Theories and Evidence? In just a few seconds I realized "Yep" I think I can. The
kicker to my hypothesis came to me, I think, months later and it stunned me. No brag
intended. I can not type my whole hypothesis, I'm a 2 finger typist, but I can shrink it
down alot.


                                                      The Possibility Of Life After Death
                                                                               by
                                                                         An Atheist

First we have to look at the Big Bang. Was there a Big Bang before ours and will there
be more Big Bangs after ours dies(?). Or is this the only Big Bang since some
Astronomers say we are in an ever expanding Universe. My whole hypothesis works
with them all.

I support the hypothesis that this is not the first Big Bang nor will it be the last. With this
in mind Life After Death came easily to me. Since I believe in Multiple Big Bangs, the
Law of Probability comes into play. At this point we have to forget about TIME because
the time needed to complete my hypothesis is almost unimaginable (like Mega-trillions of
our years). Anyway, I think what will happen is that, over a looong period of time,
probability says a whole body or a whole brain or just a certain part of a brain (not sure
which yet, but I'm leaning towards "just a certain part of a brain" ) will  genetically form
the consciousness that you are experiencing today. I realize this concept is very hard to
grasp and I think I'm using Occam's Razor but, hypothetically, it works.

          PLEASE DON'T MISTAKE MY REFERENCE TO A CONSCIOUSNESS AS A SOUL
                                                           BECAUSE IT'S NOT.
                                                      (it's biochemical and genetics )

Ok......now the consciousness is back on line and we come to the bad news.
         
      1. The consciousness will be in another Universe, in another Galaxy, in another solar
          system and on another planet.

      2. The consciousness will not remember past family, friends, pets or the Earth for
          that matter.

and

      3. The consciousness will probably be asking the same damn questions about the
          Universe as we are. ( a little humor)

Now for the good news, though I have no problem with the above, and its the KICKER
I mentioned earlier.

When we die the consciousness ceases to function because the biochemical actions have
stopped. The body, over time, becomes Star Stuff again (thank you Carl Sagan).

Now there is a looong period of time and the consciousness is genetically formed again.

This is the KICKER.......While the consciousness is not active there is no sense of time.
So... the time from death to reformation of  the consciousness would seem instantaneous
(if the consciousness could remember) .

Think of it like this........You are on your death bed, you are closing your eyes for the
final time and you die.

Then! what seems like a nanosecond you open your eyes and you have complete, total
and absolute amnesia and you are a baby or some type of young being.

Basically thats it in a nutshell. My whole hypothesis goes much deeper.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment